Optional Features-Cartridge Heaters
|Cartridge Heaters with Brass/S.Steel NPT Fittings||Insertion Heaters with Internal Thermocouple|
|Metric Imperial Insertion Heaters with Mounting Flange||Cartridge Insertion Heaters with Copper Elbow|
- Anti-Seize Cartridge Heaters- Anti-seize coating is available for both medium watt density cartridge heaters and high watt density cartridge heaters. Anti-Seize coating will make cartridge heater extraction more efficient while keeping work and damage to your costly tooling to a minimum. NPH now hard coats cartridge heaters in house to improve delivery. With this coating, we are still able to hold our precision NPH tolerance. If you have ever struggled to remove a cartridge heater, you understand the positive impact anti-seize coating will have on your productivity. Building a cartridge heater that lasts longer can make removal more difficult when a heater must be replaced. Removal labor often costs more than the cartridge heater itself. NPH in-house anti-seize coating is a cost effective option that can be added without impacting delivery.
- Removal Aids- NPH offers knock out tabs and other removal aids that allow you to quickly and confidently remove a cartridge heater when it is a time to replace it. Knock out tabs are recommended when you are installing the heater in a through bore prone to oxidation.
- Distributed Wattage- NPH has developed industry specific winding profiles to improve thermal profiles including packaging, rubber and injection molding. We have also successfully developed OEM specific winding profiles to compensate for challenging cartridge heater placement.
- Cartridge heaters used as sealing bars or on rubber molds, the two ends of a cartridge heater are usually colder than the middle. To overcome this inconsistency and have a uniformly distributed heat source, cartridge heaterscould be made to have higher wattages at the ends. 35/30/35 is a common wattage distribution.
- Zones and cold sections- Cartridge heaters can also be manufactured with cold sections and separate zones that can be controlled independently.
- Moisture Resistance- If your application requires wash down, has high amounts of humidity in the ambient air, or has machining oil nearby, then NPH has a wide range of options to deliver moisture resistance at your operating temperature, leading to high performance for your cartridge heaters.
- Right Angle Exit- To customize cartridge heaters for specific applications, NPH has redesigned the right angle exit with flat sides, making it possible to use a wrench to precisely position lead exit and break oxidation bonds when removing a heater.
- Right Angle Block- The Right Angle Block has flat sides and substantial materials to provide the strength needed for highly corrosive environments such as die casting- where the cartridge heater sheath can be bonded to the bore.
- Standard Flanges, Special Flanges and NPT- If your application calls for the heater to have a specific insertion depth, or to be held in place - NPH offers standard flanges for most diameters. We can also design special flanges for your application. NPT fittings can be added to your cartridge heater.
- Centerless Grind Tolerance- NPH’s standard tolerance of ±.002” compares favorably to other cartridge heaters. If heat transfer is critical to your application, NPH offers premium centerless grind tolerances that are ±.0008”.
- With the above range of cartridge heater performance options from NPH, you are ready to create cartridge heaters customized to your applications.
Click on RFQ icon above to bring form up
Tool Box Ohms Law Calculator Temperature Conversion Calculator Voltage Engineering Reference 3 Phase Calculator-Delta & Wye calculator-for-heating-solids-fluids-and-gases
Our industrial electric cartridge heaters including metric and imperial heaters...